It’s time for me to come up with next year’s goals! I have to admit, I haven’t really thought much about what I’m going to do next year other than graduate and get a job. I may add more to this list in the next couple of days, or throughout the year.
- Graduate and get an engineering-related job. This is the one thing that could potentially screw up my other goals. At the moment, I’m applying for jobs and don’t know which state I am going to end up living in.
- Write at least 183,000 words. That’s 500 words per day, which is easily doable. I usually end up exceeding it because of NaNoWriMo, no matter how behind I am before then.
- Start posting writing on my blog again. I haven’t done this for a very long time (since early 2014?!). I want to start writing short fiction again, anyway.
- Participate in at least one Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo in November. That’s the same goal I had in 2015, and it worked out pretty well. Also, I tend to feel really terrible if I don’t participate in NaNoWriMo.
- Read at least 50 new books. I haven’t been reading very much over the past few years. I can blame my engineering coursework all I like, but the real reason is that I’m wasting too much time browsing websites like TVTropes. If I spend that time reading instead, I can get a lot of reading done. Also, I have a bunch of Project Gutenburg books that have been sitting in a folder on my desktop for months. For this, I’m counting novels, short story collections, comic books/manga, and web serials.
- Participate in Lexember. I’ve been doing Lexember this year, and I like it a lot. It actually makes me think about the etymologies of the words I create.
- Be more social and interact with the communities I’m a part of. I have a problem with not commenting on things I read. This is something I’d really like to change.
Also, I may change my blog theme (I’ve had this one for a few years already), and I will change my blog url soon. I’ll make another post when that happens.