Before I get into anything else, I hit seven years on WordPress sometime in December!
2018 in Review
The things that happened this year:
- Finished writing The Book of Immortality (104k words).
- Scripted and drew a short comic, Veitlen and Nymue.
- Moved out on my own for the first time in April!
- Started writing The Land of Two Moons in June, and started drawing pages of the comic in July.
- Got a Switch and Breath of the Wild in July. Then got Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for Christmas.
- Rebelled during NaNoWriMo for the first time! And won at 50,338 words.
- I also attended a few NaNoWriMo write-ins for the first time, and also went to the TGIO party for my region.
- Made AT LEAST a $10 USD donation every week. This totaled $586.78.
- Kept the same job for an entire year!
There are some other minor things that happened, but they’re so minor that they don’t need to be put here.
What I want to do in 2019
Edit/rewrite The Book of Immortality.
I completed the editing outline in November, and I don’t plan to change too much about the story, other than take out all of the filler I wrote during NaNo. I did start rewriting some of it during NaNo, which I found to be fairly difficult as I was going from a present-tense script to past-tense prose. It was incredibly jarring, and also my prose is terrible after years of doing nothing but scripts.
I don’t want to leave this story in limbo and I planned on editing it in 2019 anyway. I don’t really have a timeframe for when I want to start doing this – only that I want it to end before 2019 ends.
Start posting The Land of Two Moons online somewhere.
At the moment, I have fifteen pages completed and eight in progress. I want to start posting the comic online in late January/early February at the earliest. It’ll probably go up on Smackjeeves, as that’s the only comic hosting I’m familiar with at the moment.
Unless I decide to self-host the comic on its own domain. That could always happen.
Continue working on (and finish) The Land of Two Moons.
I’m around 60% done with this story. It’s definitely something that’ll be done this year. I don’t see it being much longer than 50 chapters.
Related: pencil 12 pages of The Land of Two Moons every month.
I penciled 10 pages in December, and it was a really easy goal to hit! I’m going to attempt 12 pages per month in 2019 for a total of 144.
Write and post a work of short fiction on this blog.
This might be prose, or another short comic. But I want to write something that isn’t related to either The Book of Immortality or The Land of Two Moons.
Get a custom domain name for this website.
This is an idea I’ve been toying with for the past few months. Since it’s easy and cheap I’ll probably end up doing it sometime in January.
Keep the same job.
This is really something that I don’t have control over, since I could get laid off at any time. But unless something particularly bad happens, I plan on working at the same place for all of 2019.
BACK UP YOUR WORK.
Whether you use the cloud or some kind of external storage, make sure you’ve got copies of all of your work! You have no idea when your primary computer will crash and burn.